Sunday, September 7, 2014

Rustic Socks

It's noon on Sunday.  I'm still in my pajamas and trying to figure out the best way to photograph socks. It occurs to me this is a wonderful position to be in. Last Sunday I was knee deep in critical cases at work. Today is definitely a day to be appreciated. 

Last night I finished knitting these rustic socks.  They've been on the needles for, oh I don't know, six months or so. This is a thick sock made from a local worsted weight yarn; Columbia from Imperial Stock Ranch. I loosely followed Susan B. Anderson's pattern using size four needles. 

I ran out of yarn before I was able to knit the last toe.  So one toe is purple and one is blue.  These are my cozy around the house socks -- thus warm and not perfectly knit.  They will lead to happy winter feet.  

Someday, perhaps, I'll truly learn to spin.  And maybe even have some sheep of my own. I harbor these fantasies every time I knit.  

My fantasy farm


Now we're off thrifting.  We have a trip planned this winter for which we'll need some extra cash.  Hopefully we'll find some amazing treasures that we can fix and sell.  

Perhaps tonight I'll work on some other half finished knitting projects.  

Happy weekending!


xo, 
Shalet

No comments:

Post a Comment